The Jupiter Lighthouse is found in an amazing natural area where the Indian and Loxahatchee Rivers meet. This is a part of the Jupiter inlet and provides about 120 acres of space. Twenty five species are found throughout the area, as well.
Visiting this part of the southern area of Florida provides the perfect escape from an ordinary day. Whether you love lighthouses or you love nature, this is the perfect combination of both. Along with a regular visit, you will find many special events held at the Jupiter Lighthouse throughout the year including:
- Lighthouse Chickee Chats - November 5th and December 3rd at 10:30pm
- Rock the Lights Concert - November 23rd, 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Festival of Trees - November 23rd and 24th from 10am to 5pm
- Lighthouse Sunset Tour - November 6th and 15th at 4:45pm, November 20th at 5pm and December 20th at 4:45pm
- Lighthouse Moonrise Tour - November 17th at 5pm and December 17th at 4:45pm
- Hike Through History - December 7th from 8am to 10am
- Twilight Yoga at the Light - December 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th at 5:30pm
These are just a few of the many events held at the lighthouse throughout the year.
Scheduling a Regular Visit
If you just want to tour the lighthouse and enjoy the area, you can enjoy this area any day of the year. From May to December, the lighthouse is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10am to 5pm and provides tours up to 4pm. From January to April, the facility is open seven days a week.
Admission to the lighthouse is $9 for adults, $5 for children and those five and under get in free. This includes a tour of the lighthouse and admission to the museum. Children must be 48" tall to climb the lighthouse.
Gloria Singer is the Broker of Boca Expert Realty, a boutique Boca Raton real estate company with a focus on professional service and an unparalleled customer experience. Our select agents are amongst the top performing professionals in the field. Visit www.BocaExpert.com for information on Boca Raton, Delray Beach and Highland Beach real estate and to connect with an expert in the local market.