Is your house worth less than you owe on it? Consider a Short Sale!
A short sale occurs when the net proceeds from the sale of your home is less than the total amount that you owe on it. This is different from a foreclosure, where the lender takes title to your home after a lengthy foreclosure process. If you are in financial distress and risk losing your house, there are many advantages to selling in a short sale rather than losing your home in foreclosure, the primary one being that it does significantly less damage to your credit score, enabling you to get back on your feet sooner and purchase another home.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO HIRE A QUALIFIED TEAM TO HANDLE YOUR SHORT SALE!!
I have experience navigating the short sale process, and have successfully closed many short sales for distressed homeowner's like yourself. Many Realtors are not familiar with the process and will not be able to bring about a successful closing. I will:
- Provide you with a comparative market analysis to determine a realistic selling price.
- Market your home extensively and get it sold!
- Market your home properly in the MLS as a short sale requiring lender approval.
- Communicate with your lender regularly to expedite the process.
- Assist you with the short-sale package which is required by your lender (or lenders) for approval.
- Assist you with writing the hardship letter which lenders require with the contract.
The short sale process is a lengthy one and requires diligence and patience. It can take from two to four months or even longer to receive a response from the lender.
Hire the team that has the experience and track record to bring about a successful closing!
For more information please contact me and I will get back to you as soon as possible!